Top 10 Ways to Greet the Great Outdoors
- Make an event of it! Grindrod Garlic Festival, Canada Day, Grindrod Music Festival or Funtastic Sports Fest — there’s always something happening in our parks!
- Stroll the Heritage River Walk between Belvidere and Riverside Park
- Bring your binoculars and your favourite birding guide, Gardom Lake Park is a birdwatcher’s paradise!
- Catch some air, learn new skills at our skateboarding park at Barnes Park
- Paddle your canoe or kayak from hand launches located in Riverside and Belvidere Parks
- Cheer on your favourite team at the arena, on the ball field on at the curling rink — all at Riverside Park
- Join in one of the best small town Canada Day celebrations around at Barnes Park
- Bundle up a picnic and stake your space at one of our Music by the River park concerts
- Take the interpretive tour of Gardom Lake Park
- Slip, slide, swing…playgrounds are meant to be played in…at Riverside, Barnes, Grindrod and Gardom Parks
Walk the Heritage Riverwalk, paddle your canoe from one of our hand launches or simply enjoy a riverside picnic; Belvidere Park, in the heart of downtown near the Enderby Bridge, offers the best views of the Enderby Cliffs and the Shuswap River.
Park your RV and explore Enderby on foot, but first, make a stop at the Visitor Centre located in the park — you’ll find washroom facilities and a friendly staff who are happy to help you plan the rest of your stay.
Tuey (Waterwheel) Park
Spend hot summer days staying cool on Tuey (Waterwheel) Park’s sunny shores. A favourite spot to swim; the wide, sandy banks and slow running river make this one of the best places in town for a family time out.
Locals affectionately call it Waterwheel Park, but you’ll call it awesome after spending a day picnicking, building castles in the sand, floating and swimming the day away. Located at the bend in the river on the north end of town, facilities include a picnic area, washrooms and an adjacent dog park.
Riverside Park & Enderby Arena
Cheer on your favourite team, watch your little ones climb the outdoor jungle gym, learn to hurry hard or play hockey; Riverside Park is one mighty playground welcoming teams from around the region to compete on our field and in our arena. Located next to the Riverside RV Park, facilities include an arena, curling rink, three ball diamonds, a grandstand, private events gazebo, playground, washroom facilities and plenty of parking.
Ride your longboard at the skateboard park, celebrate Canada Day, cool off with a swim on a hot summer day or spend time with the family playing games on the field…it all happens at Barnes Park! Located in the heart of town on George Street (BC Highway 97A), facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, skateboard park, and playground.
Pack a lunch for a shady picnic, dance on the grass in your bare feet, jump into the river for a refreshing swim, or put in and paddle the river’s slow running currents…your launch pad for just such adventures is Grindrod Park, a 10-minute drive north on BC Highway 97A in the village of Grindrod.
Home of Garlic Fest and Musik Fest
Home to some of our favourite events including the Garlic Festival and the Grindrod Musik Fest, the park is located in downtown Grindrod beside the bridge. Facilities include ball field, playground, community hall, picnic and swimming areas.
Gardom Lake Park
Bird watchers flock to Gardom Lake where they’re almost guaranteed to spot Golden eagle, osprey and hawks fishing the lake, soaring in updrafts, dancing an aerial ballet. If you come, bring your binoculars and your digital camera, you’ll want to capture these mighty birds while they’re putting on a show!
Family Friendly Canoeing and Kayaking
Motorized boats are restricted to less than 10 HP and electric motors are preferred, which is why this is one of our favourite places to canoe, searching for painted turtles. Families love to spend summer days here, jumping in for a swim to one of the floating docks, walking the park’s interpretive trails or playing in the playground.
Gardom Lake is a 15 minute drive north of Enderby just off BC Highway 97B and facilities include floating docks, outhouses, picnic tables and a playground. Fire and pet restrictions are in place year round.