Top 10 Artistic Experiences
- Experience Music by the River, where, on selected Sundays throughout the summer, performers from across the Province showcase their talents
- Laugh along with the Grindrod Players Theatre Troupe at community theatre performances throughout the year
- Sip tea, pick peonies and experience the Peony Tea Party at Curly Willow Farm, (home to Runaway Moon Puppet Theatre & Museum) one special weekend each July
- Learn the art of composition and study elements of light at photography workshops throughout the year
- Ring in the festive season at the Caravan Farm Theatre holiday production held in the great outdoors
- Explore the music, magic and markets at our annual Arts Festival each summer
- Shoot the Shuswap with your camera then enter your creation in the Snapshots and Shutterbugs photo contest held during the annual Arts Festival
- Check out the local talent and one-of-a-kind artistic creations at the annual Grindrod Musik and Arts Festival every July
- Discover medieval symbol signs hidden across town
- Take in live music and some good eats too at Cliff’s Bistro, the Riverside Pub, River Rocks Bistro or Lorenzo’s
Visual and performance artists are naturally drawn here, inspired by the Enderby Cliffs and the Shuswap River and an artistic community bent on bringing creativity to life. Spend some time cruising around town and you’ll see it too — on the walls of galleries and local businesses, on stages, in parks and by the river.
Explore the Courtyard Gallery, our newest artistic endeavour, tucked into a quiet corner of Belvedere Street in the heart of downtown. Meet budding artists who are proud to exhibit their unique creations…some for the very first time. You’ll find artwork in almost every media — acrylic, oil, water-colour, papier maché, and photography here…much of it influenced by the natural wonders of the Shuswap. Rub shoulders with artists and learn about what inspired their work — the gallery is open year round and who knows…if you’re inspired by what you see…the locally created pieces are all for sale!
All the World’s a Stage
Shakespeare said it best…”all the world’s a stage” and that’s certainly true around here! From Caravan Farm Theatre in nearby Armstrong to the Grindrod Players and Runaway Moon Puppet Theatre in Grindrod, original theatre is flourishing in Enderby and our surrounding communities.
Caravan Farm Theatre
Experience the magic of a live performance, staged in the wilderness where you and the local farm animals all get in on the act…You can at the Caravan Farm Theatre! Sit down with a beer, watch the sun set through the trees and the “curtain” rise on comedies and concerts produced and performed by a professional troupe of performers. A “must” experience in summer; winter productions are pure magic when you cozy up on a horse-drawn sleigh roving the farm from one stage set to the next.
Runaway Moon Puppet Theatre
Explore the world of community theatre with Runaway Moon Puppet Theatre in nearby Grindrod. The puppet masters at Runaway Moon link puppets and performers, creating theatrical spectacles at local events throughout the community. Feel free to clap, and sing and dance along with actors, marionettes and musicians telling stories from street-, festival- and riverside stages throughout the year. While performances vary each year, you may explore the world of puppetry arts at their puppet museum, open by “appointment, during performances and by chance.”
If you happen to be in town when the Grindrod Players are performing, you really should check them out. A troupe of amateur performers, they’ve written, directed and produced farces and comedies to rave reviews for years. Local talent makes up the troupe who advertise their performances in the local newspaper. Purchase your tickets right at the door and discover a unique community theatre experience for yourself.
Arts Festival — July
Celebrate creativity in every form at the largest outdoor artisan market in the Okanagan-Shuswap during our annual Arts Festival. Free for everyone, it’s held each July, transforming downtown’s Cliff Avenue into an open-air gallery of visual, performing and culinary arts!
Connect with the artisans who’ve come from near and far to showcase their work at the Lion’s Pancake Breakfast, the traditional kick-off to the Festival. Roam the artisan market in search of handcrafted works, watch live entertainment on the market stage, or become the entertainment pounding out rhythms in a traditional drumming circle. Learn about the Splatsin First Nation culture through their food, music and crafts and discover for yourself just how creative our little community can be.